The results for the Virginia primary election have arrived!
For the Democrats, Hillary Clinton took her seventh win in the state primaries yesterday with just over 64% of the vote (504,612 votes overall).
Bernie Sanders came in a distant second with 35% (275,994) of the vote, and Martin O’Malley in third with only .51% (4,020).
For the Republicans, Donald Trump takes his sixth state primary win with over 34% of the vote (356,582).
Marco Rubio comes in a very very close second with 31% (327,515) of the vote.
Ted Cruz comes in third with only 16% (171,067) of the votes.
A full break down of the Virginia Primary can be found here.
Here are the results for Super Tuesday (where multiple states hold primary elections on the same day):
- Donald Trump has won the primary in Arkansas, Tennessee, Alabama, Georgia, Vermont, Massachusetts, and Virginia.
- Ted Cruz has won Oklahoma, Texas and Alaska.
- Marco Rubio only has the primary vote in Minnesota.
- Hillary Clinton has the vote in Texas, Arkansas, Tennessee, Alabama, Georgia, Massachusetts and Virginia
- Bernie Sanders has the primary in Colorado, Oklahoma, Minnesota, and Vermont.
More information on Super Tuesday can be found here.
**Featured Image: (Flickr)